THE GRAVITY OF THE PROBLEM
“Nearly 600,000 people are released from incarceration yearly
and arrive on the doorsteps of communities nationwide.”
The United States has the largest incarcerated population in the world
and it’s been steadily rising for the past 25 years.
SO, WHAT DO WE INTEND TO ACCOMPLISH?
- From the strategic goal of reducing recidivism, we are committed to specific objectives, which include:
- Providing convicts and former convicts with hope, inspiration, focus and a greater sense of self-worth so they can re-enter society and become productive, law-abiding citizens;
- Helping offenders maximize their abilities and to acquire skills to prepare them for successful re-entry from prison;
- Connecting with convicts through a more humane and progressive formula of rehabilitation;
- Holding offenders accountable and offer opportunities for positive change so they become productive citizens;
- Helping departments of correction around the nation identify more effective ways of relating with, and rehabilitating its prison populations;
- Assisting offenders who want to pursue a career in the entertainment industry as a performer, in production or administration;
- Easing tensions in the prison system;
- Reducing the number of victims in our country;
- Finding that diamond in the rough… and we believe that there are a lot of diamonds in the rough!